Complete the sentences with one word.
Example: Are you from Italy?
A. We British, we’re American.
A. ‘What’s that?’ ‘It’s identity card.’
A. your teacher live in London?
A. I usually get up late Sundays.
A. I sing, but I can play the guitar.
A. This bag’s . Look! It’s got my name on it.
A. Is any milk in the fridge?
A. I’m taller my brother.
A. ‘Would you like to fly a plane?’ ‘No, I .’
A. I hardly watch TV at the weekend.
A. were a lot of people at the cinema last night.
A. It’s the interesting book I’ve ever read.
A. ‘How much coffee do you drink?’ ‘Quite a .’
A. ‘What’s the time?’ ‘It’s half three.’
A. They like the film – they left after 10 minutes.
A. I spoke to him on the phone ten minutes .
I breakfast at home. have always / always have
They’re . beautiful flowers / flowers beautiful.
I don’t like early. get up / getting up.
We don’t have money. some / any
Please drive . The weather’s bad. scareful / carefully
Can we meet Monday evening? on / in
My father’s . doctor / a doctor
I have brothers and sisters. a lot of / a lot
‘Is that his umbrella?’ ‘No, it’s .’ ours / our
Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verb in brackets.
John and Mary have (have) two children.
1. Simon (not be) at work yesterday.
2. I (buy) a new car last week.
3. My sister (listen) to music at the moment.
4. We (not have) a holiday next year.
5. Where (be) he yesterday morning?
6. you ever (break) your leg?
7. I (not be) to France. Is it nice?
8. They (not drive) to London – they got the train.
9. she (have) a party next week?
10. Who (be) the three greatest politicians of the twentieth century?
11. He has an exam tomorrow, so he (study) now.
12. She (not like) writing postcards.
13.How often you (use) your mobile?
14. Emma (write) him a letter two days ago.
I must buy a new w. I’m always late for work!
I gave my brother a w for his birthday last year. He often loses his money.
I usually have s for lunch. I love bread.
I want to write something – can I borrow your p , please?
I have a c at home but I don’t use it very often. I check my emails at work.
I was late for work because the b was late.
I read the n every day.
She’s listening to the news on the r .
I read two b when I was on holiday last summer.
I work for a newspaper. I’m a ________.
My mother’s brother is my ________.
The opposite of expensive is ________.
We eat in the ________.
C. dining room
You can buy food at a ________.
C. post office
I need some ________ for this letter, please.
My brother’s daughter is my ________.
My father’s a ________. He flies all over the world.
The opposite of safe is ________.
What is the next word?
Example: one, two, three
1. ten, twenty,
2. Monday, Tuesday,
3. July, August,
4. third, fourth,
5. spring, summer,
6. eight hundred, nine hundred,
Complete the words in the sentences.
Example: She walks to work every day.
1. Do you have a lighter or some m ?
2. What’s your m phone number?
3. This is my i card.
4. Do you want to c a taxi?
5. After work she g to the gym.
6. A c is a place where you can buy medicine.
7. He s for eight hours a night.
8. The opposite of tall is s .
9. If you break your leg you have to go to h .
10. I d a Volkswagen.
11. I always w up early.
12. Your son’s daughter is your g .
13. She often t by plane.
13. I usually c dinner at 8.00.